Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bathtime for Blackie

Today I bathed Blackie. I had to wash her because mom thought she was too smelly. I read all about it in my pet care book (called "Great Pets"). I remembered to put a leash on Blackie and to use plain soap. I did not miss the warning on how wet you will get. I started to soap her. I got the impression that she doesn't like baths. What had been a nice, relaxing bath, turned into a no-holds-barred wrestling competition. Blackie didn't like being rinsed either. When I had finished, I wasn't able to close the shower curtain before she shook. I was soaked. Once I had dried her with a towel, I let off the leash and out of the bathroom. She started running around like a maniac rubbing on the furniture. I chased after her for a few minutes, then settled down to comb out my tangled hair. I hope I don't have to wash her again any time soon.