Thursday, October 29, 2009

An end and a beginning

I called Ashley yesterday. She didn’t seem to take it too hard. She said that she was glad that we buried Fuzzy-Doo, not simply put her in the trash. I can really understand why she feels sad. After all, she just moved and now her hamster died. She seemed on the verge of tears when she hung up, so today I sent her a card. On the front, I drew a picture of a hamster with wings and a halo. Sure Fuzzy-Doo wasn’t an angel on earth, but she may be one in heaven. On the inside it said:


Fuzzy-Doo may be dead, but she’s in a better place,

Somewhere where she won’t have to stand the crazy human race.


Not my best rhyme ever, but good enough.


It’s not that I’m trying to replace Fuzzy-Doo, but I’ve started to feed a chipmunk that lives in the backyard. I found a little metal bowl in the garage, and I put peanut butter and sunflower seeds in it. Then I put the bowl on a flat rock in the yard. I call the chipmunk Sniffle because of the cute way she twitches her nose. I’m not sad that Fuzzy-Doo died, but I wish I had a pet.