Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Everything that's been happening

Yesterday was my first day back at school. I wasn't too far behind because I had done some of the work at home. I think I learned more while I was sick than while I was at school these last two days. We're learning how to find out what a percent of a number is. As always, I already know all of the vocabulary words. We apparently got a book report assignment on monday. We each have to read a piece of classic literature (abridged is fine), and we have to pretend we are selling the book. We get to pick whatever book we want. I chose "The Picture of Dorian Gray". I asked Mrs. Brown and she said it would be all right. There wasn't anyone who had picked it. I asked Sophie and Allie if they would help me, and they said they would.

While I was sick, I started training Grizabella. She is a fast learner. She can already come when I call her, give me a high five, and wait on a stool while Mom or I cook.

There's going to be an end-of-the-year talent show for the fifth-graders (we're going to middle school next year). I want to do a gymnastics act. Sophie is doing a performance of the Odyssey rap with Amy and I tumbling in the background. Allie is doing some dancing with Madison, the girl who takes tap dancing. Their plan is to do the same thing, but in tap or ballet dancing. I think I'll practice some gymnastics now.