Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Long Post!

There has been a lot going on, but today I'm only going to write about my birthday party. I had it at 2:00 on the seventh. Aunt Sue and Uncle George came. They brought me a rabbit! She is the perfect goldie-brown color. She has rather floppy ears, so I named her Goldilocks. Allie and Sophie both thought she was sweet. Mom kind of flipped out when I got the rabbit. She was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle yet another pet. But I can. I've had her for more than a week and I am managing fine. I am a little busy, but I can handle it.

Back to the party. Dad had built me a balance beam. It was just like the beams they have at school. I really like it. Allie got me a cat training kit. I'm going to use it on Grizabella. Sophie gave me The Girl's book: How To Be the Best at Everything. It has how to deal with bullies, act like a celebrity, make your own bubble bath, how to ice skate, how to bake your own bread, pet a wild horse, survive in a horror movie, and a lot more.

We fenced and fenced and fenced. If one of us got hit too hard with a sword, we would go off to the side and put an ice pack on the hurt part, then join back in. It took a long time for anyone to win. Allie won. To win, you have to get the other people on the ground and take their swords. NO THROWING THE GAME!

My birthday cake was chocolate with chocolate frosting. Mom had made flowers on the top using almonds and maraschino cherries. She also put white chocolate chips around the edge of the cake. It was delicious.

You may be wondering about why I am writing about this now, more than a week after I turned 11. Well, I've been busy. So how come I have time now? The answer-- I'm sick. I got the flu. The doctor said that I should rest and not stay outdoors for very long. So I can't walk Blackie or feed, water, clean up after, and spread new bedding for Mary, Lacy, and Marshmallow. Wonderful. And I can't do gymnastics. But I can write. It's the most interesting thing I can do.
<:-(