Monday, April 19, 2010

News, news, news,

I am finally going to write about the talent show rehearsal that happened a week ago Friday. Most people have an idea of what they are going to do. For people who can't think of anything at all, the teacher will have a play for them.

We have a good system for how much time you get. You get two minutes if you're preforming alone, and if you aren't, you get and extra minute for every other person. So, in my gymnastics act, I just get two minutes. Allie and Madison get three minutes. Sophie, Amy, and I only get three minutes because I am already in another thing.

I don't know what music I should use, but I've got an idea of what the routine is. Amy and I are getting along well with the background tumbling for the Odyssey Rap.

Now, I have something very important to tell you. Yesterday after church I was in the basement doing gymnastics when Mom came down.
"You know those relatives up in Canada?" Mom said.
"Yeah, the ones we send a Christmas letter to every year and they send us one. So?" I said, getting ready for a handstand.
"We're having a family reunion with them this summer at Aunt Sue and Uncle George's farm." she said, as I kicked up for the handstand. Whumph! That had surprised me so much that I flipped over from the handstand and forgot to roll out.
"What?!?" I yelled. I had scared Goldilocks, so I went over to her hutch and cuddled her.
"From about the 23rd to the 26th of July," she replied.
I said to her "Fine, I believe you now," and put Goldilocks back in her hutch.