Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crazy Afternoon

Now, here is something interesting. Today, Dad is making dinner, for some reason. He says there's a recipe he wanted to try. Well, he asked me for some help on slicing cucumbers. He had brought home 3 big cucumbers. I have to leave- "Where's the mixing bowl?" he says.
That was Dad, and I had to show him where the mixing bowl was. Then he asked me where the dried mint was, and I told him that we didn't have any. He leaned his head against the cupboard door as if wondering what to do. He was saying "Dang, dang, dang," when I alerted him to the fact that we have fresh mint growing outside. Oh no- I just heard a crash!
The crash was Mary, breaking through the fence. It had a slight weak spot and when Mary saw a delicious bunch of plant outside the gate, she smashed through the fence. Muriel, her kid, didn't know what was happening and bleated for her mother to come back. About that time I raced outside. When I saw what happened, I grabbed the stake and chain I use for renting out goat time, and tried to grab Mary, but she was clipping along and I couldn't catch her until I was halfway into the street. I staked her to the ground, and Dad got Muriel. Well, at least it's quiet now. Oh great- someone's at the door.
Well, DAD answered it, because he got to the door faster than I could. It was two Mormons out with pamphlets, and when Dad got to the door, he innocently said "Oh! You guys! Can I have another one of those Watchtowers? The last one was really interesting!" Well, they didn't have any Watchtowers, because they were Mormons, not Jehovah's Witness. When they told him that, he said, "Oh. Oh well." kind of disappointed-like. When we got back to the kitchen, he said to me "Is my mask showing?" He was teasing! My dad is such a goofball. Oh no-- I heard a "AKKK!!" from the kitchen.
That was nothing much. Dad was squeezing a lemon, and he forgot about a cut on his hand. I think Dad wants some help with dinner now.
After dinner: I don't think I'll have as much fun ever again as I've had today. Dinner wasn't that bad. It was cucumbers in vinegar dressing, along with deli ham cooked in a skillet. There was also biscuits with stuff like lemon frosting in the middle. Not bad.