Thursday, June 2, 2011

Running Poem

Yeah, yeah, whatever, whatever. So what if I haven't posted anything in a while? Well, now I'm twelve. And today an interesting thing happened. I will now proclaim in verse. I was contemplating writing it in Latin for a while, but I don't know how to say half the words. Well, here it is.
They called me skinny
They called me tall
They called me a bag of bones but that's not all,
They said that I was stupid
They said that I was ugly
But here it is and I'll be lucid-
They challenged me to a race
They thought they'd win- they laughed!
They thought they could make a fool of me
With their deceitful craft!
But I said "You don't know what you're up to,
I can run real fast too,"
They said "The race starts on my mark,"
With a nasty snark.
"Go!" it was yelled; we both started to run.
But I wouldn't give up; at me they would not poke fun.
Running, running, faster and faster!
My feet pounding
Faster and Faster!
I passed the finish line
I won!

Please leave your comments below.