Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was a lot of fun. Mom kept me tied up inside cleaning before Aunt Sue and Uncle George came, so I didn't notice dad putting in a fence around the "garden shed". When Aunt Sue and Uncle George came, surprise! They had brought me a goat and two geese! The goat is a female kid, and still should have milk. The geese are older goslings. Six pets in six months! Actually seven, if you count Fuzzy-Doo.

Every year before this year I left out cookies and milk for Santa, but this year I did not. This is why: dogs aren't supposed to have chocolate and all the cookies we have are chocolate-chip. Instead, I left a note that explained why I couldn't leave out cookies and milk and asking him to help himself to some, and to please, please, please, not touch Aunt Sue's pecan pie.

Santa brought me a big pack of tic tacks, some lip gloss, other little things, and Harry Potter 6! I haven't seen it yet, but we have all the rest, so why on earth would we not get this one? I've read all the books, and I love them, but they probably messed something up really badly.
Mom got a microwave. I'm glad I won't have to melt butter on the stove anymore. Dad got a replacement of his long-lost pocketknife, and I got another nerf sword. I was able to beat dad in a fencing match. Also, I got a 10-gallon tank for Forty-Niner. I'm glad I did. He could barely swim in his old 1-gallon tank.

Dinner was great. We had ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato biscuits, green beans, and pecan pie for dessert. I can hardly remember a year without pecan pie. The last few years when we lived in California, I was able to compare Aunt Sue's pie to the store-bought kind that we had. Aunt Sue definitely makes the best.

Aunt Sue and Uncle George went back to the farm this morning. I think I had better walk Blackie now.