Friday, December 18, 2009

"The Golden Mask"

Today we had the performances of "The Golden Mask", our class play. We had a performance at 2:30 for all the kids, and we had a performance at 4:00 for the parents. Now I'm going to say how it went.

1. All the actors went to the bathrooms to change into our under-costume-clothes. To keep from freezing, we all had brought a bathrobe that we wore until we went on stage.

2. All the actors stood in line for our costumes.

3. I finally get to the front of the line. I get the tube dress wrapped around, the headdress put on and the necklace on.

4. I go over to a little table sitting in the backstage room and someone else puts green eyeshadow, black eyebrow pencil, and red lipstick on me. Yikes!

5. I wait for it to be time for the play to begin.

6. The play. I won't talk about it because it was really boring.

7. We go back to the classroom to get out of our monkeysuits.

8. Repeat.

After the 4:00 performance for the parents, we went home. We got to keep our costumes. It was fun, but I'm glad it's over.