Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a Bad Day!

I had a very bad day today. I slept too late and when I went to get dressed all I had clean was a short-sleeved T-shirt and a skort. No leggings. I at least had knee socks to wear with my T-strap mary janes, but there was an cold gap between where my skort stopped and the place where my knee socks began. I had to wear a sweater.

When I got home Mom told me to walk Blackie, so I did. When I let her inside, she bounded upstairs. I didn't worry about her until I heard a crash. Mom and I raced upstairs to find that Blackie had knocked Shimmer's fishbowl off my desk. Shimmer wasn't hurt, but her fishbowl had smashed into a gazzilion little pieces. It was chaos, trying to get curious Blackie out of my room so she wouldn't cut her paw or eat Shimmer, and taking Shimmer and her three biggest rocks out of my room and putting her into the bathroom sink. We ran down to Walmart to get another fishbowl for Shimmer. Mom says aluminum foil keeps dogs from jumping on furniture, so now we have so much foil lying around that our house looks like the tin woodman's castle (see The Road To Oz) . I'm still cold.