Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Week of Advent

Today being the first week of advent, we picked parts and practiced songs and tried on costumes for the church Christmas pageant. Alexandra, or Allie, like we always call her, being pale and blond, got the part of Gabriel. Sophie, being tan, is a shepherd. Finally the mom in charge asked, "Who will be Mary?" A five-year-old girl said "I'll be Mary," but everyone ignored her. All the girls my age had already been Mary, so they thought of the brilliant idea of making me Mary. Being the new kid, I didn't have much of a choice, so since I didn't really have a problem with it, I went with it. After parts were decided, we tried on our costumes. The Mary outfit was just the right length, but it was way too big around. I looked more like a ghost than like Mary. One of the shepherds, however, had eaten a few too many lamb chops and almost ripped the biggest costume there was. By no means he needed his sash, so it's part of my costume now. Having a sash really helps me look like there's a body underneath that gown.We were all sent home with the script, and we're going to practice lines next week.