Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sophie's Birthday Party

I have a new pet and a new friend! Today was Sophie's birthday. Alexandra and I were the only guests . Sophie has 4 big brothers. At her party, there was a game where we tried to guess how many marbles were in a big glass jar. I was closest. The prize was a little green turtle in a round fish bowl with some rocks. I named her Shimmer because of the way her shell shimmers when she swims around. Sophie's birthday cake was lemon with thick, yellow, lemon frosting. After cake, Sophie handed each of us a stiff plastic sword. She told us that the swords were her big brothers' and if we didn't like fencing, we could stop. We didn't have to stop. All three of us not only loved sword fights, but we all had our own swords at home. It turned from an organized, two person match to a three-way, chaotic, noisy, fight with us all hacking at each other. Alexandra was the first to fall. Sophie and I had still not given up when Sophie's mom came to say that it was three o'clock and time for Alexandra and I to go home. I wasn't sad. I couldn't wait to tell Mom about Shimmer. Oh darn, it's time for dinner.